It’s after ages long that I have read a young adult fiction book and that too, this beautiful. ‘Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe‘ is always going to be one of my favorite books and I don’t know if it’s because of the characters or the quotes or the storyline this book has, but it just grows on and with you.
Well, how I felt after reading this book is going to be a whole different post which I’ll post soon but right now, let’s jump on to my favorite quotes from Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe:
1. Words were different when they lived inside of you.
2. Those words tasted bitter. But the worst part was that those words were living inside me. And they were leaking out of me. Words were not things you could control. Not always.
3. This is my problem. I want other people to tell me how they feel. But I’m not so sure I want to return the favor.
4. The problem with trying hard not to think about something was that you thought about it even more.
5. Sometimes, all you have to do is tell people the truth. They won’t believe you. After that, they’ll leave you alone.
6. The problem with my life was that it was someone else’s idea.
7. One of the secrets of the universe was that our instincts were sometimes stronger than our minds.
8. Maybe we just lived between hurting and healing.
9. I had a feeling there was something wrong with me. I guess I was a mystery even to myself.
10. I got to thinking that poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just didn’t get–and never would get.
11. I didn’t understand how you could live in a mean world and not have any of that meanness rub off on you. How could a guy live without meanness?”
12. I could be something and nothing at the same time. I could be necessary and also invisible. Everyone would need me and no one would be able to see me.
13. Feeling sorry for myself was an art. I think a part of me liked doing that.
14. Everyone was always becoming someone else.
15. As far as I was concerned, the sun could have melted the blue right off the sky. Then the sky could be as miserable as I was.
If you loved these quotes, then I’m sure you’re going to love ‘Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe‘ too. Get your copy now!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and purchase one of these products, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. We only recommend products we have used and love. If you enjoy Stagbite, using these affiliate links is one way to support us. 🙂