“We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to feel nothing so as not to feel anything – what a waste!”― Andre Aciman
This is one of the beautiful quotes from the movie ‘Call me by your Name‘ and I am here to make you re-live the movie and make you fall in love, a little more.
Here are some heartwarming quotes from the movie ‘Call me by your Name‘ that will enthrall you and make you fall again in love.
But, before that all out there who haven’t watched the movie let me give you a little glimpse of the movie.
It’s the summer of 1983, and precocious 17-year-old Elio Perlman is spending the days with his family at their 17th-century villa in Lombardy, Italy.
He soon meets Oliver, a handsome doctoral student who’s working as an intern for Elio’s father.
Amidst the sun-drenched splendor of their surroundings, Elio and Oliver discover the heady beauty of awakening desire throughout a summer that will alter their lives forever.
It’s not easy to describe in words Luca Guadagnino’s new film call me by your name, adapted from André Asiman’s 2007 novel, about a 17-year-old man who is enchanted by the love and lust of a 24-year-old college student, stands out for how he transforms literature into pure cinema, all emotions, images, and intoxicating sensations.
What you read above was a short brief of the movie ‘Call me by your Name’, a romantic drama and a heart-warming movie to watch.
Also, read: 20 Best Romance Books For Teenagers
And how can I forget the cast of this movie Timothee Chalamet and Armie Hammer. Uff!
I cannot remember a film that would better reflect this madness and would draw attention not only to the object of desire but to the whole world as a whole.
I also can’t think of a movie that directly uses all the senses of the audience to make them feel what is happening on the screen.
Call me by your name is an uplifting and intoxicating experience for the body, but also uplifting for the soul.
It is not just a portrayal of how beautiful love can be but also has some heart bracing quotes that will make you fall in love again with the movie.
One of the things that made Call Me by Your Name so great is its Oscar-winning screenplay.
Watch it on Netflix, here.
Here are some of the movie’s very best quotes.
Brace your hearts because here we have some gems of quotes from this passionate love story.
1. “Call me by your name and I’ll call you by mine.
2. “Fear not. It will come. At least I hope it does. And when you least expect it. Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.”
3. “I began, reluctantly, to steal from the present to pay off debts I knew I’d incur in the future.”
4. “If I could have him like this in my dreams every night of my life, I’d stake my entire life on dreams and be done with the rest.”
5. “If there is any truth in the world, it lies when I’m with you.”
6. “Is it better to speak or die?”
7. “I suddenly realized that we were on borrowed time, that time is always borrowed, and that the lending agency exacts its premium precisely when we are least prepared to pay and need to borrow more…”
8. “I wish I had one friend I wasn’t destined to lose.”
9. “Most of us can’t help but live as though we’ve got two lives to live, one is the mockup, the other the finished version, and then there are all those versions in between.”
10. “People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don’t always like who they are.”
11. “Time makes us sentimental. Perhaps, in the end, it is because of time that we suffer.”
12. “Twenty years was yesterday, and yesterday was just earlier this morning, and morning seemed light-years away.”
13. “Wanting to test desire is nothing more than a ruse to get what we want without admitting that we want it.”
14. “We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to feel nothing so as not to feel anything – what a waste!”
15. “You’ll kill me if you stop.”
That moment when Oliver whispered to Elio, “Call me by your name and I will call you mine.” And everyone dreamt of the same sweet romance.
A 90s Italian romance of two teenage boys falling in love. It is a fairy tale – to wish someone so much and to receive an answer to this desire with such deep love, it changes you.
It looks like Elio and Oliver are kindred spirits. hot summer, repeating itself as a masterpiece of a lifetime.
It is a must-watch movie for everyone, indeed!
It is a perfect movie to rekindle the lost love and brace our hearts with heartwarming emotions.
I mentioned only those quotes from ‘Call me by your Name’ that I remembered. Do mention in the comments which quote you liked the most from the movie. Or if I have missed any.