We all love it when we can relate to the on-screen characters, but most of the time, the characters are shown as ‘perfect‘, which is not the reality.
Fleabag has a flawed character as the protagonist and that is one of the reasons why her character (and she) is so convincing.
There are moments when you’ll hate her for what she has done, but according to me, that’s one of the best things about the show.
She is aware of her mistakes and wants to leave her past behind. She does not believe in being sweet and nice (just for the sake of being so).
Her unapologetic honesty is something that we all would like to have in our lives.
1. “People make mistakes. That’s why they put rubbers at the end of pencils.”
2. “Maybe happiness isn’t what you believe, but who you believe.”
3. “Don’t let other people get in the way of what you really want.”
4. “Love isn’t something that weak people do. Being a romantic takes a hell of a lot of hope.”
5. “You know, either everyone feels like this a little bit, and they’re just not talking about it, or I’m completely fucking alone.”
6. “I think you know how to love better than any of us. That’s why you find it all so painful.”
7. “Why would you believe in something awful when you could believe in something wonderful?”
8. “I don’t think you have to be alone to be lonely.”
Have you watched Fleabag yet? Tell me your views in the comments section below.